About A.M. Harte
The “A” stands for Anna.
I’m a London-based speculative fiction author. What this means is I can’t decide between fantasy, science fiction or horror, so I end up writing somewhere in-between these genres.
I have a weak spot for vampires. I enjoy superhero movies. My guilty pleasure is watching original language anime. What else is there to know?
I have many aspirations, including including sampling chocolate from every country in the world and catching up on missed sleep. And Netflix shows.
An avid reader, I’ve been writing fiction far longer than anybody’s been paying attention. If you want to be spammed by my reading habits, add me on goodreads. My favourite trilogy of all time has to be His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman.
I’m also fascinated by the untapped potential of digital content, particularly when it comes to indie publishing and the online fiction community. For a long time, I was the Editor-in-chief of 1889 Labs, commissioning projects and generally ordering people around. I co-hosted the online fiction podcast Webfiction World; see the full list of episode archives. I volunteered as an editor for Web Fiction Guide and used to run qazyfiction, a webfiction project.
Now I’m focusing on actually writing, instead of running around like a headless chicken. Find out more about my current project here.
During the daytime I work in fiction publishing. I live in London, a city not half as foggy as some seem to think.
Some wonderful places that have featured my stories are:
- Hungry For You, The Blood Tomes, Volume 2: Creatures, May 2019.
- Rescue Missions, We Had Stars Once, July 2013.
- When Passion Fails, Best of Friday Flash Volume 2, Oct 2012.
- Second Sight, Tales for Canterbury anthology, May 2011.
- Doctor’s Orders, A Path Fantastic, May 20 2011.
- Dead Meat, Header Adeen, Apr 1 2011.
- Swan’s Act, 12 Days 2010 anthology, December 2010.
- The Kill, in Flashes In The Dark, Nov 1 2010.
- The Perfect Song, The Random Eye Magazine [defunct], Jan 2010.
Thoughts, questions, comments, or just a hello; get in touch by leaving a comment below.